Monday, March 7, 2011

Goat Throat Pharmy Fun!

YUCK. I have goat throat.  A chest infection.  Since I had pneumonia a couple of years ago in Taiwan, someone only has to so much as sniffle near me and I end up sick as a fuckin.....sick person.
I went to the pharmacy yesterday (same thing as going to the doctors here only cheaper and more fun!) and Aunty Pharmy threw a bunch of antibiotics at me and some Thai things that you suck and they numb your mouth.  They're in a packet with a giraffe on them, so I can make a visual connection there - BONUS!  Long neck - throat - throat sweets!  TA-DAAA!!!   I can't tell you how second nature it's become to just accept whatever pills they throw at me and to just shove them down my throat as I'm directed to do.  Sometimes it's in a language I understand (Thai for example) but sometimes it's not and I have to decide what the numbers and marks mean that the pharmy scribbled on the bag they gave them to me in.
"Aaaaaah, yes, one tablet twice a day.  Or is that the date?  Or could that be the price?  Oh fuck it, I'll just take TWO." and ignore the little voice in the back of my head that says "Oh let them have codeine in them as an added treat!"


1 comment:

  1. Even in sickness you can be hilarious. Why not take 3?! Get better soon!

    ReplyDelete