Wednesday, May 26, 2010

COLON CLEANSE!!! Yah....

So I've started doing this cleanse already, but was inspired by moonglowlounge to 'roughly' document it on here.  I'm on my second day.  I take the pills at night and then all day I pump water and try to eat as healthily as possible, and I've been eating pretty small sized portions also.

I'm using Perfect Cleanse, a product I've read about and was advised to use by the lady at the health food store.  There are so many to choose from, I kind of just went for it.  I've read good and bad reviews about it and have just decided that like tattoos, our different body types deal with healing in different ways.
Learn More About the Perfect Cleanse Kit!When I started using this, it was after a LOOOOOONG week of partying and all sorts of rambunctious behaviour.  I also had a serious case of not being able to shit, which was in turn giving me water retention from HELL.  Which in turn again turned me into a bitch from Hell.
This always happens to me when I visit western countries.  Especially America, where I get all excited about things like bacon and cheese and fuckin Dunkin Donuts and parties and parties and burgers and meat and parties!  oh, and OH, the MEXICAN food!

It's just a shock to my system after living in Asia for so many years.  I enjoy the binge, but there's gotta be a time to stop.  I chose that time when I couldn't fit into one of my dresses, not because I don't exercise regularly and pump water at the rate of a wild banshee, I just retained so much water that it had all sorts of effects of my constitution, but the parties kept partying and I had to have an excuse to say no! So I chose a colon cleanse.  


Anyway!  Enough of that.  Here's what's happened so far:


Night one, I took the pills, slept.  Woke up still feeling full of shite (some people might say that's a given!) But I could feel some things going on down in my gut.  Not painful!  But definite gassy sensations.  I knew my condition was pretty bad as far as being bunged up was concerned, and Perfect Cleanse claims to be a gentle way of doing this.  So I presumed I was too much for the little darling and needed some more work!


So, at breakfast I ate a banana, almonds and a dollop of Greek yoghurt.  I think I'm not supposed to do dairy, but fuck.  It was a dollop.

I cut out my rudimentary morning coffee (AAAARRRRGH!!!)
And am doing as it advises in the leaflet and on the website and am pumping water.  I'm lucky here, I get the fresh spring water from the.......spring!  I go fill up 3 huge bottle things every week.  So it's super healthy clean and pure water.  


At lunch I ate boiled jiaozi.  Leftovers from yesterday.  I'd put them in the fridge and couldn't bare to see them go to waste!  They were full of cabbage, so presumed it wasn't such a bad thing? (How can jiaozi be a bad thing!)

I then snacked on a mango in the afternoon.



For dinner I ate a green salad with spinach in there, some carrot, onion, raisins and almonds, with a little lemon and olive oil drizzled on it.

I pumped water throughout.


I've woken this morning after peeing all night long.  I think I got up every 2 hours.  I've got a 'sparrow's bladder' as my Grandad used to tell me!  So this is no surprise, and I was honestly hooning water like it was going out of fashion.  I woke this morning feeling kind of tired cos of the amount of times I got up and pissed, but I honestly felt way more spritely than I have these last few weeks.  I haven't shat yet, which is sorely disappointing, BUT, a lot of my water retention has gone and I'm feeling and looking very different!  I'm not doing this to lose weight, I don't need to.  I exercise regularly and seem to have a very high metabolism.  But I honestly couldn't fit a dress over me yesterday due to rank bloating and today I tried it on and it slipped over me beautifully!


So....I guess it's doing something, right?


Either way, it's forcing me into being healthier and more conscious about what I'm consuming.  That in itself is a good thing!


I'll update on what happens today later.  I hope you enjoyed reading about my colon.  HAAARGH!  But honestly, so far, I'm feeling pretty great!


I'm off for a bike ride with my dog before the sun gets too hot!

1 comment:

  1. Thanx for the shout-out, Juria! I agree with you that all our bodies are different -- what works for one won't work for another, etc. -- and it's best to try something so an educated opinion is formed.

    The coffee exclusion IS TORTURE! Gah! Day Three is always when my head becomes unbearable but I try to exercise the pain away (replace the caffeine with endorphins) and it works about 40% ~Head still hurts haha.

    I agree with your muse on the splurge-nature of an American diet. What other cultures understand as indulgences and treats, this country has adopted as staples.

    I'm fascinated with your life in Asia! That's a continent I really want to see soon. Reading back, you make me want to toss together some jiaozi (minus the sauces because of GOOP). I would have to use Garbanzo flour, which is gluten free, another point of GOOP.

    Great post! :p Hope you feel better and all that dietary SIN gets out of ya soonest!

    ReplyDelete