Monday, May 17, 2010

Strong enough?



Since being in America, the land of my lover, I seem to be dissatisfied with only one thing so far.


Coffee.

Lili, a friend of mine in Vietnam (who knows her taste buds) did say that I would be unsatisfied with the weak shit they'd serve up here, and me, being defensive, argued that that wasn't the case.

Hmmmmm.  I can be such a prick.

A first I was impressed, as B (my boyfriend) had a bag of stunning Peruvian coffee his mum had brought back with her from her travels to S.America.  YUM!  But then we ran out.  Shit.  But I remembered I'd bought a kilo of coffee beans at Cafe Duy Tri just before I left Nam, so whipped out the stunning sack of dark yum, threw the beans into the grinder and for a month we had nice, strong, brain bending cups of coffee.

Now it's run out.  Poop.

So, anyone got any advice on where to get decent coffee here in the good ol' U.S. of A?  Because I refuse to believe I can't get any.

Anyway, I'll leave you with this visual of me & one of my fave glasses of Viet coffee served up at Cafe Nola.....icey, strong as fuckery, sweet & quite pretty!
In Vietnam, along with many other countries such as Laos, Venezuela & Thailand, coffee's served drip styles, takes like 10 minutes.  It's thick, dark & syrupy and a dollop of sweet condensed milk is left sitting at the bottom, which you stir in until it's sweet enough for you.  You can see this in the picture below and the yummy froth on top.  Sweet caffeinated deliciousness!




















No comments:

Post a Comment